[CMake] Announcing CMake BASIS, a set of CMake based project interoperability and automation tools

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Jan 22 09:10:14 EST 2014

On 21 January 2014 19:49, Andrew Hundt <athundt at gmail.com> wrote:
> CMake BASIS is a set of utilities and standards created with the goal of
> making CMake projects and libraries very easy to create, share, and reuse.
> It also integrates a lot of useful new CMake functionality such as
> documentation tools and automated packaging that a CMake user would
> otherwise have to implement themselves.
>
> Website: http://opensource.andreasschuh.com/cmake-basis/index.html
> GitHub: https://github.com/schuhschuh/cmake-basis/
> [...]

Andrew, this looks very interesting.
I have been very slowly growing something with similar, though much
more limited,
capabilities for one of projects I use (I'm tired of writing the same
boilerplate :-))
If I have moment, I'd like to check BASIS out in practice.

I quickly skimmed through the docs and I have question about the
Source Code Filesystem Heirarchy.

It is fairly common to have /include folder, so the structure looks like

- <source>/
  + src/
  + include/
  + config/

where all public headers live.

Is such layout supported by BASIS?

I see the minimum version of CMake is 2.8.4.
Does it mean BASIS does not support/use the Object Libraries feature?

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net