[CMake] CMAKE OS X fortran bug?

jmerkow jmerkow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 15:25:33 EST 2014

Hello,

I am working on converting an older project to CMake.  Right now, I am
getting all the variables and flags in order from the Makefiles to make sure
that CMake will work for our project. And I ran across something that maybe
a bug.

I am using fortran in this project, so I wanted to enable that language
with:

ENABLE_LANGUAGE(FORTRAN)

I get the following error:

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_FORTRAN_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_FORTRAN_COMPILER
CMake Error: CMAKE_FORTRAN_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

However, CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER is set (to /usr/local/bin/gfortran in this
case).  It seems to be that error is being generated because of the improper
lowercase (CMAKE_FORTRAN_COMPILER vs CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER)
The rest of the variables regarding fortran have the same improper
captialization (in the gui)
I am running CMake 2.8.12.1 on OS X 10.8.5.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Jameson