[CMake] Finding zlib on OS X 10.9

"Schröter, Philipp" Philipp.Schroeter at charite.de
Tue Jan 14 11:02:18 EST 2014

Von: Bogdan Cristea [cristeab at gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Januar 2014 15:32
An: Schröter, Philipp; cmake
Betreff: Re: [CMake] Finding zlib on OS X 10.9

>On 01/14/2014 03:18 PM, "Schröter, Philipp" wrote:
>> When CMake is looking for zlib it always returns "ZLIB not found." although ZLIB_ROOT, in which it looks for zlib (/usr/local/zlib) and which is passed to CMake with a -D, is correct and zlib exists in there (including subfolders).
>> Does anybody have hints to solve this problem?
>
>Have you tried to look in CMakeError.log file ?
>In my case I use just
>
>find_package(ZLIB REQUIRED)
>
>AFAIK libz is shipped by default in MacOS and it should be found in /usr/lib
>
>regards
>Bogdan

Hello,

yes, I checked CMakeError.log, but there was nothing regarding zlib.
In the meantime I checked which of the required variables is/are missing or not set and the only one empty is VERSION_VAR. The rest is set correct. I use CMake version 2.8.10.2, which should use/know this variable (I found out, that it's used since 2.8.3) and it's not manipulated inside the FindZLib script.
Any help appreciated.

Best regards,
Philipp Schröter