[CMake] Using CMake 2.8.11 to generate Visual Studo C++ Makefile Project in addition to Win32 C++ Projects (.dll/.exe)

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 10:59:00 EST 2014

On 01/13/2014 04:22 PM, Jason Babicka wrote:

> So, I was wondering if anyone on this mailing list has tried to do
> something like this before?  If you have, I was wondering if you might
> be able to provide a very simple CMakeLists.txt example for how you do
> this? Also, if you have any other suggestions for things to try, I
> would greatly appreciate those as well.

You can use add_custom_target() which in case of the visual studio
generators will create a project that can execute commands of your choice.
Alternatively you can use add_custom_command() to  attach commands to
existing targets (e.g. visual studio projects) or to produce an output
that can be depended on by another target.

Nils