[CMake] CMake build for gnustep/libobjc2 on Ubuntu Touch

Mathias Bauer mathias_bauer at gmx.net
Fri Feb 28 08:32:50 EST 2014

Hi dear list members,

I have built libobjc2 using CMake with clang on several systems with X86
or ARM without a problem, but on Ubuntu Touch my build fails and I can't
figure out what goes wrong.

CMake complains when trying to configure the libobjc2 build:

No C++ runtime library found
Looking for include file pthread.h - not found
Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)

Of course pthread.h is there (in /usr/include), so something weird
happened that I would like to track down. Can someone tell me where I
should start and what is the best way to debug the CMake process?

In case someone is interested:
I took the standard Ubuntu Touch build on a Nexus 10, installed the
preconditions including build-essentials (gcc is 4.8.2) and built the
trunk version of clang and installed it. Then I tried to build libobjc2.

Thanks in advance,
Mathias