[CMake] QT4_CREATE_TRANSLATION delete source ts files during clean

Anatoly Shirokov shirokov_a at mail.ru
Wed Feb 26 23:24:43 EST 2014

Please see my comments below

27.02.2014 1:08, Stephen Kelly ?????:
> Anatoly Shirokov wrote:
>
>> The translation file is usual source file, it is not binary artifact.
> I didn't say it was a binary artifact. It's a buildsystem artifact
> created
> by your buildsystem.
This is source which can be updated by build system. But initially this
is source file was made by myself for each supported languages and put
it to repository.
>> The only difference is that I have to support them in up to date state
>> with the lupdate utility.
> Yes.
>
>> I want to invoke lupdate automatically during
>> build and after that commit updated translation files to use them by
>> translator group.
> That seems fine.
>
>> What's wrong with such approach?
> Maybe the details of your approach are too simple. If you commit the
> translation files resulting from your build to your repo, then how did
> you
> lose work?
1. get sources
2. update sources
3. build to update translation files
4. translate new items extracted during the last build (we can translate
to several languages ourself)
5. make clean to build whole system (and I lose all translated items)
6. commit
N. get sources
N+1. ops, where are my translated items?

Actually it was several times.

BR,
Anatoly Shirokov