[CMake] CMake/CPack /w BundleUtilities on Windows with NSIS fails

Bill Somerville bill at classdesign.com
Thu Feb 13 13:10:22 EST 2014

Hi,

I have a CMake script that runs on Windows with MinGW Makefiles that
builds the install target OK. It is a Qt GUI application and uses
BundleUtilities::fixup_bundle to pull in and link/rpath prerequisites.

When I build the package target with an NSIS packager it looks like the
fixup_bundle stage breaks in some way. I get several of the following
message box pop up in the install phase.

---------------------------
link.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because mspdb80.dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

If I dismiss them all the build finishes without error but none of the
prerequisite libraries or Qt plugins are in the install kit (they go in
/w the install target as expected).

I suspect a PATH problem but have no idea how to debug this further.

TIA
Bill.