[CMake] find_library fails with local target but finds symbolic link to the same framework from ${CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT}/System/Library/Frameworks

headupinclouds dhirvonen at elucideye.com
Sat Feb 8 18:50:58 EST 2014

I'm unable to find an iOS framework on OS X using find_library, but it works
well if I create a symbolic link to the same target from the standard
framework location: ${CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT}/System/Library/Frameworks.  I'd
like to avoid a symlink in my system folders in order to get this working.
Given the following symbolic link and iOS framework target on OS X:

The following 4 lines in my CMakeLists.txt file (ADD_LOCAL_FRAMEWORK shown
at bottom):

lead to the following failure and success messages.  Is there a workaround
for this, or does the CMake find_library command only work with the standard
system path?  How would I fix (or debug) this?

The find_library macro is as follows:

Note: I removed an earlier post from last week after isolating the problem
to this scenario, since most of the details from that post are now
irrelevant.