[CMake] Unnecessary rebuild of ExternalProject_Add target

Stefan Eilemann eilemann at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 08:55:06 EST 2014

On 8. Feb 2014, at 14:28, David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com> wrote:

> When you give a git repo for ExternalProject, it will *always* execute the UPDATE_COMMAND by default. And then, all the steps after update will re-execute since update re-ran.

We solved this by using a CMake script as an update step for autoconf projects, which does nothing if configure ran already:
  https://github.com/Eyescale/Buildyard/blob/master/CMake/UseExternalAutoconf.cmake#L26

Used here, which feeds into ExternalProject just below:
  https://github.com/Eyescale/Buildyard/blob/master/CMake/UseExternal.cmake#L320

HTH,

Stefan.
--