[CMake] Dependencies

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Tue Feb 4 13:57:08 EST 2014

This is surely something basic, but I'm far from a CMake guru and would rather not spend weeks digging to solve something that *seems* like it'll be simple.

We have assembler modules in a project. These use macros, as assembler modules are wont to do.

So if module FOO.asm uses macro BAR.mac, and we change BAR, a CMake should rebuild FOO. We recognize that we're going to have to define these dependencies manually, but I'm assuming/hoping that there's a way to do that in a CMakeLists.

Unfortunately words like "dependency" make lousy search terms!

Can someone point me? Or, even better, give me an example of how to say "FOO.asm depends on macro BAR.mac"?

Thanks...
--
...phsiii

Phil Smith III