[CMake] Collecting libraries for NSIS installer

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 11:36:21 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de>
wrote:

> On 19. August 2014 16:36:14 MESZ, David Cole via CMake <cmake at cmake.org>
> wrote:
> >> Definitely getting warmer! It looks like that GetPrerequistes only
> >> works on an existing target so I'm thinking I would have to set this
> >> up as a "super" cmake project after the main project is already
> >built?
> >
> >Right, or as a script that runs at "install" time. It requires an
> >executable file to analyze, so it can come up with the required DLLs.
>
> Actually I wonder why this is needed?
> If all libraries are linked will full path or via imported targets (those
> that do it right on windows), why do the binaries have to be checked

Yes, the more I look at this the more I realize it's not going to work. The
script method is going to install the required libraries, in my case on
win32 no one is going to run "make install" it's instead going to be "make
package".

I guess what I need is a way to translate the import libraries into the
runtime dll paths. The ".a" is easy enough to handle in regex, but in most
cases the import library is in /usr/lib and the runtime library is in
/usr/bin. Is there a property I can interrogate to get there?

Thanks,
Richard