[CMake] "Hidden" cache values in Registry?

Chris Volpe ARA/SED cvolpe at ara.com
Fri Aug 15 12:29:45 EDT 2014

I have been using CMake to build a few open-source projects recently, and I've been experimenting and moving around build directories and such. In a small test application, CMake tries to find a library that I built and installed in one place, and then I rebuilt and installed somewhere else. Meanwhile, I changed the "<library>_ROOT" environment variable to point to the new location, restarted CMake to pick up the new environment variable, and deleted the cache. There should be no record left of the old location of the library (which wasn't in a "standard" location such as "C:\Program Files"), but still, CMake is finding the old location. There should be nothing pointing CMake to this location anymore, but it's still doing so. On a hunch, I searched through the Windows Registry and found several keys of the form H_C_R\Software\Kitware\CMakeSetup\Settings\StartPath\WhereBuild<i> where <i> is an integer. One of these contains the offending path. Is there a way to tell CMake to ignore this and start fresh? Obviously, "delete cache" doesn't do the trick. Is my only option to go into regedit.exe and delete these things from time to time?

Thanks,
Chris

Christopher R. Volpe, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Remote Sensing & Decision Analytics

NATIONAL SECURITY  |  INFRASTRUCTURE  |  ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT  |  HEALTH SOLUTIONS
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
8537 Six Forks Road, Suite 600, Raleigh, NC 27615  |  T 919.582.3380  |  F 919.582.3301

Find Us Online
www.ara.com<http://www.ara.com>
Facebook: Applied Research Associates<https://www.facebook.com/#!/AppliedResearchAssociates>
LinkedIn: Company Page<http://www.linkedin.com/company/8853?trk=tyah>