[CMake] Generator-independent incremental CMake run

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Thu Aug 14 02:13:38 EDT 2014

On 13. August 2014 21:40:34 MESZ, Nagger <nagger at gmx.de> wrote:
>But what I really miss is an "--update" option for CMake which is doing
>
>all the work (updating if possible, configuring if necessary)
>internally. It would use the implementation of 'cmake --build' to
>trigger a re-configure and if that is not possible it would start a
>fresh configure&generate.
>Any thoughts about that?

cmake $builddir

does exactly that. The ZERO_CHECK visual studio target that is present in every cmake generated solution does this: it checks if cmake needs to be re-run. It is built before every other target. So your batch file does a lot of things that are already done by cmake.

Well unless you explicitly disabled this. But you'd know then.

HS