[CMake] Possible bug in environment variable expansion?

Chris Volpe ARA/SED cvolpe at ara.com
Tue Aug 12 17:11:27 EDT 2014

Thanks, Bill. As it turns out, the problem appears to be a bug in Windows. Through experimentation, I have determined a truth about environment variables that I have yet to be able to find spelled out anywhere: If the type of an environment variable does not *need* to be "Expandable String", then it *mustn't* be "Expandable String". Environment variable expansion (including nested multiple levels) works only when all the variables that reference others are of type "Expandable String", and the ones that don't are of type "String".