[CMake] get_directory_property and get_property

Petr Kmoch petr.kmoch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 04:10:16 EDT 2014

Hi James.

Quoting the docs at http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.12/cmake.html:

"""

get_property(<variable>
               <GLOBAL             |
                DIRECTORY [dir]    |

DIRECTORY scope defaults to the current directory but another directory
(already processed by CMake) may be named by full or relative path.

VARIABLE scope is unique and does not accept a name.

"""

When you pass VARIABLE as the argument, it will query the
value/setness/definedness of the variable specified by 'PROPERTY
name'.

So in effect:

get_property(foo VARIABLE PROPERTY bar)

is equivalent to