[CMake] [CMake BUG] CMake (2.8.12.2) adding extraneous libraries at the end of the link command

Zaak Beekman zbeekman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:56:30 EDT 2014

Brad, thanks so much for your help! From the online documentation it can be
hard to figure out which variable/property controls certain features as
someone with limited CMake experience.

One strange detail I forgot was that this problem does not appear on Mac/OS
X for the same project using the intel 13.x compilers. It seems on Mac all
the implicit link libraries exist in static form. I'm going to poke around
some more now that I know where to look and which variables to watch, etc.
and I may file a bug report and/or submit a patch if I can determine a
better but still safe way to detect required implicit link libraries.

Thanks again for your help
Izaak Beekman
(301)244-9367
Princeton University Doctoral Candidate