[CMake] Write CMakeLists in another programming language?

Clark Wang dearvoid at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 01:27:09 EDT 2014

I've been using cmake for some time but still I'm confused about the
syntax. Following are 2 examples from me:

 - http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2013-September/055924.html
 - http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2013-October/056036.html

Someone ever told me cmake 3.0 may do some language cleanup work to address
this kind of problems but it did not happen. So my idea is can we use
another programming language syntax to write the CMakeLists file. (For
example, we can write CMakeLists in Tcl which is clean and simple.)

I'm not a language expert. Just want to get some feedback from others.

-clark