[CMake] Difficulties with component search by "FindBoost"

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Sep 30 09:18:35 EDT 2013

On 30 September 2013 13:58, SF Markus Elfring
<elfring at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>> It might be not obvious from the manual [1], but COMPONENTS is dedicated
>> to request lookup for the Boost libraries which are built as binary components.
>
> Can this documentation be improved?

I'm sure it can, I presume patches for docs should be accepted.

>> [1] http://cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.11/cmake.html#module:FindBoost
>
> Should this interface know when an error message is unnecessary in my use case?

The error in your original case was necessary, because specifying
COMPONENTS spirit
leads to lookup for non-existent binary library.

Perhaps, all headers-only libraries could be handled by the FindBoost module
and then reported by CMake:
"Spirit is headers-only, shall not be specified with COMPONENTS"

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
"Participation in this whole process is a form of torture" ~~ Szalony