[CMake] Problem using VS 2012 Express and CMake

Clark Taylor clark.n.taylor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 11:17:56 EDT 2013

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, but...

I have been using CMake for a project and it works great with Visual Studio
2008 Express and on Linux. I recently installed VS 2012 Express on my
machine (VS 2008 is still installed), and installed CMake 2.8.11.2
(downloaded yesterday) to have VS2012 support.  While CMake finds the
compiler for Visual Studio 11 and generates the project and solution files,
when I try to open these files in VS 2012 Express, the solution loads but
the projects all fail to load.  When I tell them to reload from within VS,
I get a "This operation could not be completed.  No such interface
supported" error.

Is there something simple that needs to be done to enable working with VS
2012 Express? Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks,
Clark