[CMake] CMake and Dia , colorize cmake graphviz output

Sankar P sankar.curiosity at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 07:28:49 EDT 2013

Hi,

Two questions.

I found the `cmake --graphviz=<somename>.out ` to be extremely useful.
However, is it possible to generate a .dia file instead of a .out file
? I see that graphviz has removed support for .dia export and that is
probably the reason why this is not working. But is there any other
way to generate a .dia file from a CMake based project ? I ask this
because the dot files are not edit friendly and even the lefty tool is
very rudimentary. I will prefer to use Dia. Suppose if I am interested
in contributing this as a patch, if it is not available, can someone
show a pointer on where I should start looking for cmake dependency
graph related things ?

Is it possible to colorize the CMake graphviz output ? I looked at the
.cmake files generated by CMake in openSUSE 12.3 and I could not find
any .cmake file that I could tweak to customize the graphviz output.
Can someone help me understand how to colorize cmake graphviz output ?

I am not subscribed to the mails in the list. So please reply-all or
CC me in your replies.

Thanks.

--
Sankar P