[CMake] Xcode generator : is it commonly used ?

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 17:26:44 EDT 2013

Hi,

     I have been using CMake for a couple of years on the Windows, Linux
and OS X platform. (c++ development)

     In the last 12 months or so, I have found that I can no longer
generate usable XCode files, I have been monitoring the situation and
trying to determine what I have change or what CMake have change or what
Apple has change but so far, no luck.

     As such, I have switch to generating Eclipse project files which
works (mostly, except for the include path problem of system libraries
[that's a CDT problem])

     I am currently on OS X 10.7 and am wondering if there are other
developer on the same OS version and XCode 4.4.1 and have success with
that tool chain and hope to learn the correct work flow since the
changes at Apple with the move from  /Developer to /Application for XCode

Cheers

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5