[CMake] Allow CPack generated WiX installer to set registry key values

Evan Zhang evanz at simba.com
Wed Oct 16 12:14:46 EDT 2013

Hi,

Is there a way to set registry key values after defining the install
registry key using "SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_REGISTRY_KEY "Example
Registry Key")"?

I would like to create an installer that actually populates REG_SZ
string values under the key.  I am assuming the above value for
"CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_REGISTRY_KEY" creates a registry key at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Example Registry Key.  However, I do not see
such a registry key being created at that location or at all within the
registry hives.  My CPackConfig.cmake file successfully created an .msi
installer that will also install the associated dll files to the
appropriate places on an end-user system, but the registry key is not
being created.  Again, I would ultimately like to set REG_SZ string
values under the created key.  Any guidance and support is greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Evan