[CMake] Possible to suppress output of subroutines?

Magnus Grandin magnus.grandin at it.uu.se
Mon Nov 25 10:09:00 EST 2013

Is there some way to suppress the output of a sub-routine? Currently, the output of my configuration is cluttered with output from many calls to macros and functions, and I would like to tidy up the output a bit.  There are some macros that offer a QUIET option, but not all macros do this.

As an example, I have a macro checking that the compiler options that are passed to the configuration work with the compiler. For this I use the macro
check_c_compiler_flag, but for each flag it check, it prints two lines of output. I would like to suppress this output and replace it with my own.

Can I do this?

Best,
Magnus Grandin,
Doctoral Student,