[CMake] ExternalProject BUILD_COMMAND and Visual Studio Express 2010

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 20:14:21 EST 2013

I use the environment variable:

     VS110COMNTOOLS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
11.0\Common7\Tools\

to locate Visual Studio 2012 (vs11) on my machine.

So, in CMake code, you could use $ENV{VS110COMNTOOLS} to specify the
path to the batch file if you need it.

The easiest thing to do is probably a find_program(nmake).... and if
it's not found put up a warning message, saying "you need to run this
build from a Visual Studio command prompt".

HTH,
David