[CMake] Inserting a dependency before Qt moc is run

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Nov 18 06:30:29 EST 2013

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>
>> I defined a custom command to generate the .json
>
> Why a custom target? Wouldn't it make sense to generate the json file at
> CMake-configure time using execute_process? The desktop file is not
> generated.

I think it would be better to be able to define a custom target so that
the .json file is regenerated when the .desktop is modified.

Having said so, generating the .json file at cmake-configure time could be
a good workaround for now.

> If that is possible, it 'makes the problem go away'.
>
> However, I think there is something to be said for being able to specify
> dependencies of the autogen target. That's something for the -developers
> list though. I've pushed a commit for testing and review:
>
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ae016fa8a

Thanks, how would one make use of this change if it gets in?

Aurélien