[CMake] What might be over riding the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Nov 15 12:49:35 EST 2013

I am trying to track down a bug in the HDF5 1.8.12 library and the issue on OS X is that somehow the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is getting over ridden by something else.

if I look in the cmake_install.cmake file that gets generated I see this:

# Install script for directory: /Users/mjackson/Workspace/hdf5-1.8.12

# Set the install prefix
IF(NOT DEFINED CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX)
  SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "/HDF5 1.8.12.framework/Versions/1.8.12/HDF5/")
ENDIF(NOT DEFINED CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX)

I specifically set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/Shared/Toolkits/hdf5-1.8.12

Question: When does the cmake_install.cmake file get generated? Any suggestions to try and track down this issue?

Thanks
Mike Jackson