[CMake] Configuration dependent install EXPOR

Dominik Bernhardt dominik.lists at dokabe.de
Fri Nov 15 03:20:27 EST 2013

Hello,

I have a problem with "INSTALL(TARGETS..." in a multi-config (Visual
Studio) project. As I can not use a debug postfix I have the DLLs and
Libs in config dependent subdirectories (i.e. lib/debug, lib/release...)
However the install destination unfortunately does not support
generator expressions (yet).

In Issue 0014317 (http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=14317) it
is mentioned, that the result could be also achieved by using the
CONFIGURATIONS option of install(TARGET. However it seems that it is
only possible to supply install(TARGET only once and not several times
for different configs.

Does anyone has an idea how to accomplish that task?

Dominik