[CMake] Qt4 QT_INSTALL_LIBS

Lars Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 14 05:45:18 EST 2013

Hello,

Using CMake 2.8.10 on Windows 7.

We have a working project that finds QT liket this:
FIND_PACKAGE(Qt4 4.7.1 COMPONENTS QtCore QtGui)

Now we would like to update Qt library, so changed it to:
FIND_PACKAGE(Qt4 4.8.4 COMPONENTS QtCore QtGui)

This however fails because FindQt4.cmake execute "qmake -query QT_INSTALL_LIBS" which returns the path where the Qt library was built. We however store Qt in another location in our development setup. How can is solved this issue without rebuilding the Qt library in the same path as the development setup?

What is the rational behind querying qmake for the the location of the libs?

Regards, Lars