[CMake] Unicode path wrecks havoc with VS2013 generator

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Nov 13 09:22:37 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

> I have tried to open the solution by the IDE itself, but that fails to load
> the solution also. It report the same error while trying to load the
> projects inside.

> Shall I rebuild CMake with the mentioned patch to make it work, or can I hope
> of a patch that solves this problem?

You can manually edit the visual studio project file to replace "utf-8" with "Windows-1252" (or whatever is appropriate for your language) and load the project in visual studio.

If that works, can you please modify cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator.cxx to change from "utf-8" to "Windows-1252" to see if you can build the rest of your project.
Let us know so we can include a fix.

Clint