[CMake] ExternalData on unmounted Windows shares?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Nov 13 03:59:05 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 11/12/2013 08:43 AM, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> Is there some way to point to an unmounted Windows share?
>
> Add to ExternalData_URL_TEMPLATES the entry
>
>  file:////share.host/foo/bar/%(algo)/%(hash)

That still fails on the real path I have to use in the project.  Are
there any known issues with  hidden shares (name ending in $), or with
paths containing spaces?

The path that fails contains both :(

> Since it is accessible through filesystem APIs you could also
> set ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES to
>
>  c:/some/local/store;//share.host/foo/bar
>
> That tells ExternalData to use objects found in the local store
> or the network path directly without downloading.  If an object
> is not found in either path, then the url templates will be
> searched for the object and it will be downloaded to the local
> store (first entry in ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES).

That's what I was testing and wrote about in another response on this thread:

- It's not possible to set only ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES, one has to
set ExternalData_URL_TEMPLATES too.
- I'd like to not have to map the drive (other users of the project
would then have to free up a specific drive letter) and
ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES don't seem to handle paths of the form
"//share.host/foo/bar".

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org