[CMake] ExternalData on unmounted Windows shares?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Nov 12 08:43:27 EST 2013

I'm trying to put some large-ish data files on a windows share and
then reference them using the ExternalData module.  I'm running into
problems setting the ExternalData_URL_TEMPLATES properly.  Neither
"smb://share.host/foo/bar/%(algo)/%(hash)" nor
"//share.host/foo/bar/%(algo)/%(hash)" work.  For the former
ExternalData reports

  "unsupported protocol"

and for the latter

  "URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL"

Is there some way to point to an unmounted Windows share?

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org