[CMake] CPack WIX: Using FirewallException

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 03:07:03 EST 2013

On 11/12/2013 03:46 AM, Daiwei Li wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble adding a FirewallException
> (http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd%5Cfirewall%5Cfirewallexception.html) element
> for my main executable. The documentation says that it must have a
> File or Component parent, both of which are generated by the CPack WIX
> generator. It doesn't seem like I can add a FirewallException by using
> a custom WIX template file, because of the previously mentioned
> restriction.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can get this element added? Am I missing
> something?

One more problem with that would probably be that in the current release
you can not pass the command line options to the WiX tools to load the
required extension (though it will probably be in 3.0).

I don't yet know how to allow customization of the generated code to
allow integration of extension elements like this and would be open for
suggestions or opinions in that regard as well.

One random though would be an optional extra XML input file (or other
format with XML snippets) that I interleave into the generated code
based on some sort of insertion point specification.
And/Or a CMake list variable with key, value pairs consisting of
insertion points and XML snippets.

Nils