[CMake] CPack, Wix using util:XmlFile

Lars Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 11 03:21:28 EST 2013

Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 21:20:47 +0100
From: nilsgladitz at gmail.com
To: laasunde at hotmail.com; cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] CPack, Wix using util:XmlFile

    On 10.11.2013 17:46, Lars Lars wrote:

        Just a follow up question, how does CPack invoke candle and
          light? On Windows 7, using Process Monitor I do see these
          executables being spawned into a separate process when doing
          cpack -G "WIX".

    I am not entirely sure what you mean by "how".

    But you can find the invocation here:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/CPack/WiX/cmCPackWIXGenerator.cxx

    Specifically RunLightCommand() and RunCandleCommand() run light and
    candle respectively.

    You might also want to take a look at:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=9531f2587cb6782ba1d17214c14be1cad38d050c;hp=6fb1bc23ee4946ac81151ce64786b51eabd1f04e

    Which I just merged to "next" to implement:

    I hope that help!

    Nils --  Thank you for your reply and very quick response to the feature request I reported :-)  It is very nice that you added variable for both extension and extra_flags. This will definitely come in handy. I am still quite new to CMake so execuse the igorance but does merging the issue into next mean it will be included in the next release? Lars