[CMake] Custom Toolchain & CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM

Michael Weise michael.weise at ek-team.de
Tue Nov 5 04:49:05 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to use cmake with a bare metal coldfire project.
The cross compiler (m68k-elf-gcc) running in msys (Win7x64) is
working fine.

Now I want to use the CMake GUI (2.8.12) for the project. I've
started with a simple CMakeLists.txt and a custom toolchain file
that starts with these lines:

include(CMakeForceCompiler)
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Generic)
set(CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM c:/devel/msys-gcc-m68k-elf/bin/make)

In the CMake GUI, after clicking "Configure" I chose the
"MSYS Makefiles" Generator with the
"Specify toolchain file for cross-compiling" option, where I point
cmake to the above file.

CMake then throws lots of errors, of which the first one is:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding
to "MSYS Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably
need to select a different build tool.

I did set CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM in the toolchain file, I tried setting
it in the CMakeLists.txt as well. Anyway I'm getting the error.

I'm new to CMake, so I guess it's a misunderstanding on my
side of how CMake works. What's going on here?

Regards,
Michael

--
Michael Weise <michael.weise at ek-team.de>