[CMake] Forwarding parameters to cmake through cmake-gui

physhh . physhh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:11:11 EDT 2013

+1 for updating cmake-gui to work equally to ccmake

But my opinion regarding CMAKE_MODULE_PATH is different. The problem is
that alot of the default find-modules don't work because the dependency is
not in the location where the find-module expects it. Currently there are
only two workarounds:
- Change the find-module directly so it works in the local environment
- Change the CMakeLists.txt of the project - which is bad because it's just
a LOCAL problem and the CMakeLists should be mostly independent of the
environment.

With the command-line option it's possible to setup a custom cmake-gui
batch file once per computer which sets e.g. the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to a
directory with customized find modules. If one doesn't want to use custom
find modules that's fine too but I think everyone should have the option to
place dependent libraries wherever she/he wants.