[CMake] target_link_libraries issues

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Fri May 31 02:45:36 EDT 2013

joza404 wrote:
> Hello everyone, I just started using Cmake and I got a weird issue without a
> peep.
> Let's take a look a simplest-ever-seen CmakeList:

Even too complicated ;) I have no idea about this specific problems, but some
general remarks.

> /cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
> project(test)

This is a bad name for a project as CMake will create a "test" target itself
when you include CTest for example. This can afterwards cause all sort of
confusion because of colliding targets in the makefile and whatnot.

> find_package(SDL REQUIRED)
> if(NOT SDL_FOUND)

This is either not required at all or a bug in the SDL module. If SDL is not
found but marked as REQUIRED CMake should abort with an error. If it does not
please file a bug report against the SDL module. Otherwise you only need the
else branch here at all as nothing else can ever be executed.

Greetins,

Eike