[CMake] Need help with ExternalProject_Add file dependencies

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu May 30 07:16:49 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-30 02:22-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> Why do two build steps (6 and 7) have to be done to satisfy the file
> depends after the touch?  I must be doing something wrong with the
> file depends above, but I cannot see what it is.

Actually, this bad behaviour was due to a long-standing (at least from 2.8.0) bug in CMake -E touch
which truncates the time to the nearest second for the file it creates
rather than using an accurate time.  So the time stamp was being
truncated to a time that was less than the file creation date of
the copied file with the result that build commands were being
done twice.

More on the cmake-devel list with a different subject line.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin