[CMake] Problem with "configured" file under Cygwin/Windows 7

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at deltares.nl
Sat May 25 07:06:12 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have installed a very recent version of Cygwin on
Windows 7
(64 bits) and the version of CMake that comes with it
(2.8.9-2). When I use this however to configure and build
projects that work fine
under Windows (various versions0, then I get either
configuration
problems or build problems that turn out to be caused by a
strange
permission set on "configured" files.

Using one of these projects I have created an almost
minimal project
to demonstrate the problem. If you configure it via CMake
under
Windows 7, the file "gnulliver.h" has "special
permissions". I have
no clue what that means or how it arises, but the
consequence is that
a program can not open it. Not even a program running
under
Administrator rights.

Oddly enough, you can change the permissions from Windows
Explorer by
opening the permissions dialogue and giving the user full
access.

I have tried to reproduce it in an even smaller project
than the one
attached, that is: just a CMakeListst.txt file and
gnulliver.h.in,
but that worked without this problem. So it seems a
combination of
steps is required to trigger this issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this? It makes it impossible
to use
Cygwin in combination with Windows 7 (I have not tried on
other
platforms, quite possibly it is specific to this
combination.)

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.