[CMake] building a 64 bit project with: mingw32, Qt and VTK

Ronny Shalev rys at case.edu
Fri May 24 09:43:25 EDT 2013

Hi,

I just inherited a project which uses Qt GUI along with VTK and mingw-nmake
under Windows 7

I installed the QT in a directory and added its bin folder to my path, then
I tried to use cmake to built the VTK where I set the entry VTK_USE_QT  to
TRUE (I am using the cmake gui) but keep getting the error message:"

Could NOT find Qt4 (missing: QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE QT_RCC_EXECUTABLE
QT_UIC_EXECUTABLE) (found suitable version "4.8.4", required is "4.5.0")

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:387 (MESSAGE):

Qt 4.5.0 or greater not found. Please check the QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE

variable.

Qt QTSQL library not found.

Qt QTSQL library not found.

Qt QTNETWORK library not found.

Qt QTSQL library not found.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!"

It seems like the message indicates that my QT version is not correct, but
this is the only 64 bit version I found
(http://superb-dca2.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mingwbuilds/external-binary-packages/Qt-Builds/Qt-4.8.4-x64.7z)

<http://superb-dca2.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mingwbuilds/external-binary-packages/Qt-Builds/Qt-4.8.4-x64.7z>

AND the person who used to work on the project said that that's the version
I should be using.

Any help will be appreciated (the person above cannot be contacted anymore)

Thanks a lot

<http://superb-dca2.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mingwbuilds/external-binary-packages/Qt-Builds/Qt-4.8.4-x64.7z>