[CMake] CMake unable to detect Qt

Christopher Mullins christopher.mullins at kitware.com
Fri May 24 00:54:04 EDT 2013

Try setting your qmake variable to qmake instead: cmake
-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:PATH=/path/to/qmake
-DQT_MOC_EXECUTABLE:PATH=/path/to/moc
On May 24, 2013 12:36 AM, "Gargi Das" <gargi.das at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am kind of noob to CMake and this is my first question so i hope you
all will not go hard on me :) .

> I am trying to build pyside and for that i need to build CMake for RHEL 5
machine, i follow the procedure mentioned in Readme.txt which is very
straight forward.

> First i run the command:
> ./bootstrap --prefix=some path
>
> this operation generates lots of .o  files but at the end gives me a
following message:
/user/username/Desktop/pyside/cmake-2.8.11/Bootstrap.cmk/InitialCacheFlags.cmake
> -- Could NOT find Qt4 (missing:  QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE QT_RCC_EXECUTABLE
QT_UIC_EXECUTABLE QT_INCLUDE_DIR) (found version "4.7.1")
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to:
/user/username/Desktop/pyside/cmake-2.8.11

> i have also set my QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE path to my qmake. so first questions
why bootstrap is not able to find qmake .

> Second after this i can run make and make install which installs CMake to
the directory but when pyside tries to use that with cmake -g command i
always get:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ