[CMake] Status/use of CMake on Cygwin

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon May 20 06:15:49 EDT 2013

Under MSYS, I don’t think it’s a fork thing... I think it’s a file-system thing.

When I run “time cmake --version” twice in a row in the MSYS git bash prompt, I get this:

davidcole at WOK /c/dev
$ time cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.10.2

real    0m0.215s
user    0m0.015s
sys     0m0.046s

davidcole at WOK /c/dev
$ time cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.10.2

real    0m0.070s
user    0m0.015s
sys     0m0.015s

First time is slower, like you measured. Second time is quick. File-system caching effects would explain this.

David