[CMake] Problem installing symbolic links on Mac OS X

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Fri May 10 12:34:06 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I am running Mac OS X 10.7.5 . When I installed CMake 2.8.10.2 just
now, it failed to create symbolic links to the cmake executables in
the default location because I had symbolic links with the same names
already installed by a previous version of CMake. Removing the
offending links and re-running the installer fixes the problem.

I just wanted to let folks know about this in case it isn't intended
behavior. It would be great if I could tell the installer to overwrite
existing links.

Thanks,
Cory

--