[CMake] ncurses.h compile problem

smu johnson smujohnson at gmail.com
Mon May 6 19:04:52 EDT 2013

Hi.

Long story short, I am trying to compile cmake using my own compiled
ncurses library, and it complains that it can't find ncurses/ncurses.h.

I had no problem compiling tmux and telling it where ncurses libraries and
includes where, though.  And the symlink definitely exists.

sjohnson at li213-89:~$ ls -l "$HOME/local/include/ncurses/ncurses.h"
lrwxrwxrwx 1 sjohnson sjohnson     8 May  6 19:48
/home/sjohnson/local/include/ncurses/ncurses.h -> curses.h

The configure strings I have tried:

1) CFLAGS="-I$HOME/local/include/ncurses" LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/local/lib"
./configure "--prefix=$HOME/local"
2) CFLAGS="-I$HOME/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/local/lib" ./configure
"--prefix=$HOME/local"

... but still the same error when that finishes and I type ''make'':
"ncurses/ncurses.h: No such file or directory"

Googling just simply that error message in quotes shows CMAKE as the first
result, so it seems like I'm not the only one.

Any help greatly appreciated.

**

--
smu johnson <smujohnson at gmail.com>