[CMake] CMakeModules repository at GitHub?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Mar 29 11:12:33 EDT 2013

On 28 March 2013 16:25, David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com> wrote:
> CMake needs no new Find modules.
>
> All projects should provide a "project config file .cmake script" readable
> by CMake's find_package, and installed in a location where CMake can find
> it, so that a CMake find module is completely unnecessary.

David,

I understand that, but as others pointed out, we are far from
such ideal situation.

It seems, there hasn't been enough marketing push adoption of project
config files forward, I think.

> For other types of module improvements, I think becoming a CMake developer
> and participating in the active development of CMake itself is a much more
> useful thing than having a separate repository for stuff like this.

My main motivation was to simplify inclusion of find modules in central place
and make such central place the major sink for modules.

> This is just my opinion, and I would love to hear what others think. But
> you'll be hard-pressed to convince me that a find module inside CMake itself
> is better than a config file installed with a project's install tree.

I prefer to adopt what CMake recommends myself.

Best regards,