[CMake] CMakeModules repository at GitHub?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Mar 28 14:10:26 EDT 2013

On 3/28/2013 1:17 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>> All projects should provide a "project config file .cmake script"
>> readable by CMake's find_package, and installed in a location where
>> CMake can find it, so that a CMake find module is completely unnecessary.
>
> Hi David:
>
> Your idea sounds like a good one, but can you recommend an easily understood
>
> project that follows this approach that would serve as a good template
> for build-system developers to use when implementing this approach for
> their own projects?
CMake might need more modules.  However, each one needs to come with a
module maintainer.  I agree that in a perfect world all projects would
have cmake config files.  But, we can not force all projects to move to
cmake, and new important projects will be created that do not have
direct CMake support in them.  They will need new CMake modules.  I
would rather see direct additions to CMake than a separate module repo.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers

-Bill