[CMake] Explicit <NAME>_LIBRARIES and <NAME>_INCLUDE_DIRS

Sergei Nikulov sergey.nikulov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 14:01:36 EDT 2013

2013/3/22 Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net>

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build software which uses libE57 library which has
> Xerces as dependency.
> I build Xerces too as part of my project and I deploy it in custom
> locations
> and Xerces library has custom name.
>
> libE57 provides FindXerces.cmake [1] and I've been trying to figure
> out how I can
> make this module find Xerces I provide, I tried to explicitly the two
> variables:
> Xerces_INCLUDE_DIR
> Xerces_LIBRARY
> on invocation of cmake, but obviously this FindXerces.cmake is still
> nagging me
> about XERCES_ROOT
>
> This is first time when I have to deal with CMake-based software and custom
> names and locations of libraries, so I'm not sure either I'm missing some
> important tricks here or this FindXerces.cmake is just poorly written
> module
> and it does not check if user passes <NAME>_INCLUDE or <NAME>_LIBRARY
> directly.
>
> I know I can also use CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH and CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH,
> but how to deal with custom library names, when this module expects
> two options only [2].
>
> Could anyone advise about workaround?
>
> Is this an issue in the FindXerces.cmake and would you say it's worth
> to submit bug report to libE57?
>
> [1]
> http://sourceforge.net/p/e57-3d-imgfmt/code/331/tree/trunk/cmake/Modules/FindXerces.cmake
> [2]
> http://sourceforge.net/p/e57-3d-imgfmt/code/331/tree/trunk/cmake/Modules/FindXerces.cmake#l44
>
> Best regards,
> --
> --
>
> Hi Mateusz,

FindXerces is not part of officially supported modules, so you're on your
own here :-)
As workaround - try provide for script you're pointed with two more
parameters _LIBRARY_DEBUG & _LIBRARY_RELEASE.
AFAIR you need all vars be set to avoid error message
from"find_package_handle_standard_args"
.
Custom name add to NAMES.

HTH.