[CMake] Is there an easy way to time how long build parts take.

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Fri Mar 22 12:01:12 EDT 2013

On 2013-03-21 14:11, Miller Henry wrote:
> Our build it taking a long time, (15+ minutes even when with a massive build farm to distribute compiles across), and the question keeps coming up: what is actually taking so long.  Is there an easy way to measure?

If you are using ninja (http://martine.github.com/ninja), it may have
this functionality already. If not, I suspect it would not be too
difficult to add, and would probably be a good feature to get into the tool.

If you are on UNIX/Cygwin/MSYS, you could also modify your generated
build system to prepend 'time' to your build rules.

--
Matthew