[CMake] 2.8.11rc1 CMAKE_LINKER and CMAKE_OBJCOPY sporadically vanishing

Nils Gladitz gladitz at sci-vis.de
Fri Mar 22 11:49:28 EDT 2013

I think I found the problem.

My client script wrote a new CMakeCache.txt (with initial settings) on
every run and therefor also overwrote it in continuous builds if it
already existed.
In prior CMake versions this seemed to have worked but I'm guessing now
some piece of information is made persistent outside of CMakeCache.txt
which prevents CMAKE_OBJCOPY and CMAKE_LINKER from being set again.

I can easily work around it by not writing a new cache if one is already
available or appending rather than overwriting.

Nils

E-Mail: gladitz at scivis.de
Web: www.scivis.de