[CMake] patch proposal for PythonInterp

Yngve Inntjore Levinsen yngve.levinsen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 11:39:52 EDT 2013

On 21. mars 2013 12:00, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am 21.03.2013 11:03, schrieb Yngve Inntjore Levinsen:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a suggestion for the PythonInterp. On a system I am compiling my
>> code on, I need to find the python binary which is newer than 2.5.
>> However, the default /usr/bin/python is 2.4.
>>
>> If I then set the variable (which is not documented in the header by the
>> way) PythonInterp_FIND_VERSION to 2.5, it will first search for the
>> following list of binary names:
>>     python2.5 python2 python.
>
> This looks like you are using CMake 2.8.7 or before. Upgrade.
>
> Eike
> --

cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.10.2

Have a look at line 64 and 79 of FindPythonInterp.cmake. If e.g.
PythonInterp_FIND_VERSION is set to 2.5, then _Python_NAMES in line 64
is equal to "python2.5;python2;python" It then finds python2 or python.
Since PYTHON_EXECUTABLE then is found in line 79, it does not check the
other versions (2.6 and 2.7). Or?

Cheers,
Yngve