[CMake] add_test() and DEBUG_POSTFIX

Martin Baute solar at rootdirectory.de
Wed Mar 20 07:51:08 EDT 2013

In my CMakeLists.txt, I defined tests to be run when I call "make
test":

     add_executable( test_tu test/test_tu.cpp )
     set( ALL_TARGETS ${ALL_TARGETS} test_tu )
     add_test( test_tu test_tu )

I also configured to have a postfix "-debug" when building in that
config,
so I could install release and debug versions side-by-side:

     set_property( TARGET ${ALL_TARGETS} PROPERTY DEBUG_POSTFIX "-debug"
)

However, when I build with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug and call "make test",
the Makefile will try to call "test_tu" - not "test_tu-debug".
Apparently,
the DEBUG_POSTFIX property is not considered by add_test().

Is this by design, a bug, or a faulty config on my part?

Regards,
--
Martin Baute
solar at rootdirectory.de